Skip to main content

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with online accounts, live chat and phone lines.

We advise customers to revisit the website later today. Once services are running as expected, we expect phone lines to be busier than usual and therefore ask customers to use their online accounts where possible.   

Our teams are working to get this fixed as soon as possible. Apologies in advance for any inconvenience caused.

Can I take my car abroad?

If you hold the V5 document for your vehicle, you can take it to Europe for up to 28 days without notifying us.

If you do not hold the V5 document (this would be the case for a Contract Hire agreement) or if you wish to go abroad for a longer period than 28 days you will need to contact us to retrieve written permission. In order to consider your request we’ll ask you to confirm some information, such as where you are taking the vehicle to and where it will be kept overnight.

To contact us simply use the “General Enquiry” category on our online form.

Please make sure you check you have the correct documentation and equipment before you travel abroad.