Skip to main content

COVID-19 Information

Please consult our COVID-19 information section by clicking on the 'More Information' link below. You’ll find information on financial difficulties, operating during restrictions and much more.

More information

Should my car be taxed whilst it awaits collection?

If your vehicle is parked on private property, for example a driveway that is off of the road, then the DVLA has advised you to register the vehicle as “SORN” (Statutory Off Road Notification). Please note that vehicles registered as SORN must NOT be driven.

To register a SORN vehicle please visit the DVLA website. If your vehicle is parked on the road or in a public car park the vehicle will still require to be taxed, however from an Operational Enforcement standpoint the DVLA will look at mitigating circumstances and apply leniency (if appropriate) on a case by case basis.