What is Personal Finance Lease?
A Personal Finance Lease (PFL) agreement is similar to Personal Contract Purchase however, PFL offers a fixed monthly rental payment without the option to purchase the car at the end of the contract.
How PFL works with PSA
On entering into an agreement, you will pay a deposit as well as agreeing your annual mileage. You will then agree on monthly instalments during the contracted period that you use the car for.
You can tailor your monthly payments to better suit your budget by varying the deposit and duration of the contract or agreeing a final lump sum to repay the outstanding payment. This is known as a balloon payment. The balloon payment is calculated on the anticipated value of the vehicle at the end of the agreement.
At the end of the agreement, you have four options:
- Sell the vehicle to a third party on our behalf
If you sell it for less than the balloon payment value, you’ll have to pay the difference. If you sell it for more then you’ll keep the surplus.
- Part exchange the vehicle
Available for a new vehicle with one of our dealers.
- Return the vehicle;
Return it to us and pay any excess mileage and/or damage charges (if applicable).
- Extend the vehicle lease
To enter into a secondary rental period you’ll need to pay the balloon payment and a peppercorn rental which is payable every year until you return the vehicle or notify of sale to the third party.
Features & benefits of PFL
- Personal Finance Lease is available on both new and used vehicles.
- You’ll receive a budget-friendly agreement tailored to you.
- A low initial outlay and a fixed monthly budget over an agreed term
- We offer a wide range of Peugeot, Citroën and DS vehicles to choose from.